Monday, April 23, 2012

Wrapped corners for the wrap

Just a few quick updates on the wrap.  I have done all the corners with a wrapped corner technique, it makes a sharp corner without having to fight them.   Instead of pivoting at the corner, stitch the seam all the way off the end of the fabric.  Fold on the stitching line and press the seam allowance down.  (Grade the seam if heavy weight or bulky fabric)  Start the other side of the corner seam over the folded edge. After completing the seam, trim the corner but I don't find it necessary with thin fabrics.  If you have any questions just ask and I will try my best to explain.  I learned this from watching the PBS show, "Sewing with Nancy".  I am sure that Nancy Zieman's web site would have better instructions than mine! 


I have decided to change the trim on the wrap to lace instead of the trim strip the pattern calls for.  It is working out fine and I can hardly wait to finish it where I can post pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment