Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Final posting on E0291 Wrap

This has to be one of the loveliest garments I have made in a long time, new or old patterns.  The FBA was easy to do and just check it out to see how I did the adjustments.

I can just see this lovely wrap in the fall with a black turtle neck and skinny pants or a pencil skirt just like this!
Instead of doing a satin trim on the sleeves I did a flat lace that seemed to bring out the best in the soft gray silk.

Pattern Review Checklist:
  1.  Pattern Description - Loose fitting spring/fall wrap, a perfect dressy change instead of a sweater
  2.  Pattern Sizing - 36 but really just is so loose fitting it would fit the average lady.
  3.  Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing  it? No, I used a lace instead of satin for the trim on the sides and made the collar the same color as the body of the garment.  Also, I didn't put the belt on it.
  4. Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't follow directions, just went by the picture.  I forgot to print them out and then found I really didn't need them.  I found out after I had mine almost finished that the layout was printed wrong in the instructions so maybe it was a good thing I didn't follow them.  I also didn't really care for the belt so decided to use a light chain belt.
  5. What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Since I am extremely "curvy" I had to do a FBA  so that the front didn't pull up.
  6. Fabric Used - silk with lace trim and rayon a lining
  7. Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:  See my FBA adjustment at this link.
  8. Would you recommend this pattern to others? Definitely, it is something I would wear and would make it again in light wool for cooler weather.
  9. Conclusion - A wonderful garment and I would make another one and would recommend it to others.
VPLL Checklist
  1.  Pattern Name - Wrap E0291
  2. Sewer’s Skill Level: Advance, Intermediate, Beginner - Somewhere between a beginner and intermediate.
  3. Pattern Rating: 1-Not a Fan, 2 – So-So, 3 – Good/Average, 4-Better than Average, 5-I LOVED IT! and why? 5 I loved it.  The made up into a wonderful wrap that is something I will actually use.  It was easy to make up and is becoming to all body types.
  4. What skill level would someone need to sew this pattern and why? A beginner could easily handle this with no problem if they didn't line it or a brave beginner could do it with a lining.
  5. Were the instructions easy to follow? If not, what needs to be changed?  I didn't use the instructions, but after finishing it found out that the instructions for the layout was wrong.
  6. How was the fit/sizing?  Did it correspond to what you thought?  It was a good fit with slight adjustments and would fit most average women with no adjustments at all.
  7. Did you make any pattern alterations? If so, what alterations did you make? Where they fit or design alterations?
  8. Other notes:  My friend has already requested I make one for her!  That alone tells me that this is a great pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment