Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wrap 0291 adjustments

I am just starting on the wrap pattern and am so glad that I finally got a dressform to do the fitting.  I had to do a good deal of adjustments to the form to make it shaped like me.  I am way to curvy!  I put a bra on it and stuffed it with fiberfill so that it would fit.  I have a normal chest size but my boobs are just too big.  I only need a size 36 bra but then I need a G or H cup size.  I don't understand why so many men and women think "big uns" would be so wonderful, they don't have to carry them around.  Oh well, on to the important stuff, pattern fitting!  I had to move the bust darts and lengthen the front but no adjustments were needed on the back.  I am going to try and figure out how the side seams will go together.  May have to add a dart or change the length of the tips where the tassels are sewn on.  Will have to figure that out.  Now I have to go out and see if I have 2 1/4 yards of some kind of fabric to make this out of.   I have some pretty silk but I don't think there is enough to make it up so I may just have to use something else.  I went to JoAnn's yesterday and won't be going back to the fabric store until next month.  This is the joy of country living!  Really, I wouldn't trade it for anything but it is tough to have to plan trips to town especially with gas almost $4.00 a gallon and the fabric store is 40 miles one way.                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment