Wednesday, April 25, 2012

FBA for the wrap

Even though the wrap is loose when you are busty you still have to do some adjustments in order to allow length for the front and not increase the shoulders.  Fortunately this is an easy fix with this pattern.

First slit the pattern front up to 5 inches below where the shoulder dart is.  This actually forms an inverted V shape that you are cutting.  Please note the picture below.
Note that you spread the front of the pattern more than the side pieces which allows the extra bust area.  This is really very simple fix and for those of us with a "curvy" shape so very necessary.

1 comment:

  1. CC--this is fabulous! Would you be willing to explain a little more to me (totally for my own purposes--I'm very new to the whole FBA thing and let me tell you IT IS A REVELATION!). The shoulder dart is the longer of the two darts, correct? Am I basically cutting a "V" around this dart (one cut between the two darts, and the other to the front panel side of the dart? I'm so sorry I'm a bit daft!

    ReplyDelete