Monday, April 23, 2012

Final results on the slip 0336


VPLL Checklist
  1.  Pattern Name - Slip #E0336
  2. Sewer’s Skill Level: Advance, Intermediate, Beginner - Somewhere between a beginner and intermediate as it has been awhile since I have done any sewing other than kids clothing or quilting. As I get more work under my belt the more I will feel like an intermediate.
  3. Pattern Rating: 1-Not a Fan, 2 – So-So, 3 – Good/Average, 4-Better than Average, 5-I LOVED IT! and why? -  4 - I really enjoyed doing this slip as I have been learning to use heirloom techniques and this was a chance to get to use some of them.
  4. What skill level would someone need to sew this pattern and why? A beginner with some skills could do this if they took their time.  This is where I feel like I am now so if I can do it anyone can!
  5. Were the instructions easy to follow? If not, what needs to be changed?  I really didn't follow the directions but I don't tend to follow the guide sheets when sewing with commercial patterns. 
  6. How was the fit/sizing?  Did it correspond to what you thought?  The sizing was more for "curvy" bodies so it was great for me, I was really surprised that only a little FBA was required to make it fit and the waist and hip were fine. 
  7. Did you make any pattern alterations? If so, what alterations did you make? Where they fit or design alterations?  The only alteration to the pattern was a FBA and that required that I use the ribbon beading at the neckline to adjust it.  After doing this, it seemed like it was a perfect way to do this fitting adjustment, after all, this is a slip
  8. Other notes:  Fun start to this project!  Now for the rest of my outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment