Thursday, March 1, 2012

Strange problem

Well, got the blouse cut out of some old cotton fabric that I had and I got started making it up.  Sounds good so far, right?  Well, that is where the good part ends.  For some reason, the blouse is more like a halter top.  It is super short.  I figured out that what I thought was the band at the bottom was just the skirt band which just makes it worse instead of better.  I guess I am going to have to hope that someone else has this same trouble and can explain how to fix it or at least what they are doing about it.  (Side note: My stupid "X" key is still sticking on my laptop.  Didn't realize how much I used it until it didn't work.)  I guess that only one of the reasons to make up a muslin before you make up the garment in nice fabric.  I would have been really OPed if I had cut it out of the pretty silk and then found out that it is short.  The instructions don't really explain anything about the bottom of this blouse.  Well, guess I will go back and re-read it again and see if something jumps out at me or see if someone on Facebook has made it up and had the same problem.  I knew that I would have to do an adjustment on the bust measurement and that wasn't hard since I have to do that on all my tops, hurray for Nancy Zieman's fitting book, if you haven't used it and you have very many alterations to do with commercial patterns you will be glad you bought it.  I may have to get a new one as mine is getting a little raggedy.  Of course mine is one of the first ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment