Monday, March 5, 2012

Blouse troubles

My 0910 blouse for the 1912 Project is making me nuts!!!!  I just can't seem to get it to fit any where close to right across the shoulders.  I may just have to take it all apart AGAIN and resew it or try and lay a regular pattern that fits over it and see if I can figure out what the problem is.  I did order a corset, it is not exactly the correct type of this period but I have to have something to hold up my bosom. The 1912 corsets were under bust types and if you are busty that just won't work or at least I can't figure out how to make them work.  The one I got is bad enough, it is very low cut, more like a shelf bra.  I can understand why they ladies wore corset covers and all the other undergarments they wore.   I am going to have to look up on line to figure out what order they go on.  I don't know who I am going to get to cinch me into this silly corset, that alone should be funny.  I told Max we need to have a canopy bed so I could hang on to it like Scarlett O'Hara did when Mammy cinched h

er up.  I will give a report on this big adventure when I get enough nerve up to give it a try.   Well, I'll write some more later when I get this blouse figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment