Monday, February 27, 2012

Latest on the 1912 Project

Here I go with the 2nd garment in the 1912 Project.  This one is a ladies blouse, #0191.  This drawing at the right is what it supposed to look like, but probably not what mine will look like!  I nearly went crazy just working on the pattern layout, the front and back is all one piece but the lining is like a regular blouse, very odd.  In some ways it was easier than the first pattern I printed out, the Princess slip, at least I knew how to lay all the paper pieces out.  Since the front and back is one giant piece I thought I had done something wrong when I was taping it together but it is just the way the blouse is made.  I'll try and show you what it looks like as I go along.  I have to do a lot of adjustments as I am probably not going to wear a corset and even if I did, can't see me cinching down to a 25" waist and wearing it for any length of time!  The blouse is really beautiful and will be nice to wear with a simple skirt or even jeans.  I love the way it has a band on the bottom of it and 3/4 length sleeves are back in fashion.  I am thinking of not making the bottom band look like a belt as it does in the drawing, instead just leave it plain.  I don't think it would matter since I am really trying to make it more modern, so I can wear it now and not exactly like a 1912 version.  I have a piece of yummy green silk that I have had a long time but never made into anything, couldn't find the right thing for such a luxurious piece of fabric so I just kept it for "something" well, I think that "something" has come along.  Now I just have to figure out what to use as a trim.  I also have a piece of gray linen but that might be a bit stiff and not drape very well but it would make a nice skirt to go with this top.  Next time I will be working on the muslin of this top and try and get all the adjustments done to correct the size of this top.

No comments:

Post a Comment