Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy February

Here it is already, the 2nd month of 2012, are you still writing 2011 on your checks?  I write so very few checks that it isn't generally a problem but had to write the date yesterday, I did it right but it just looked wrong!

I had a wonderful text conversation with John (my brother) yesterday.  Seems like he is a little down in the dumps, wish I was closer to him, we might could share our loads.  I don't know what he is down about but maybe things will get better for him soon.  I am going to make a quilt for him, he said any color but KY blue would be good when I asked him what colors he wanted.  I have a blue patchwork I have started on but I don't know if it is KY blue or just blue but I think that is what he is going to get since I have the materials, just hope it is going to be basically what he wants.  Nothing warms the body like a hand made quilt, especially one that is made with love.  Max wags his small one around like Linus.  I don't know if the one I am making John will be small enough for him to do that, I think it will be bed sized. May go ahead and make a lap quilt for him to match it.  I sent him a picture of Emma's bright colored one, he didn't say if he liked it but I had also sent a picture of George and both John and his girlfriend thought he was the cutest thing.  She wanted one but no one answered me when I asked where the goat would stay, after all he is a goat no matter how sweet and cute they are when they are babies.  Kind of like puppies and kittens, they grow up to be dogs and cats and lose that "cute factor".  Of course there are those animals that always have it.   Kind of like Andy, everyone that comes by the house stops and pets him and he is such a ham.  The Fed-Ex man did a delivery the other day and was petting Fritz and then asked me what Andy was.  When I told him that he was a mini horse the poor man's jaw just dropped and he asked if Andy was a foal.  Hard to believe that he is a 4 year old stallion.  I hope we don't have a problem this spring when the girls go into season and he doesn't know that he is only 34" tall!

Have to go get busy, got some orders to finish up today so they can get shipped, one apron bucket, 3 aprons and 3 bonnets.  Great to be able to make a little extra money and still be able to stay home with Max, there is no way I could not stay home with him unless I had someone stay with him.  Those costs would keep me from making any money at all with what sitters charge.  I don't mind paying Cody to stay with him sometimes when I need a break, but that is different.  Guess I need to find out if there is any kind of program that would pay for respite day care.  He wouldn't go someplace else so someone would have to come here and stay with him.  I am going to try and go with Teresa on Friday to Murfreesboro but will just have to wait and see.  It is hard not to be able not to just go off for even a couple of hours without worrying about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment