Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Well, here we are, 2012.  I guess we have till December 21 to find out if this is the end of what?  Just the end of the calendar or the end of everything?  I just think we will wake up and it will be December 22, 2012 and it will be just like when we woke up and it was January 1, 2000.  Nothing different, just a passing of another day.

Our neighbor took his gray cat home with him the other day and said he was going to pen her up for a couple of days and maybe she would stay home, well, guess who came back today?  Max was sitting in the living room today and she looked in the window at him as if she was saying HI, I am back!  I think Gray Kitty is our cat now.  She does seem to be a sweet girl.  Oh well, like I told Teresa, what is one more cat?  The barn cats have moved over to the house and all of the outside guys seem to get along fine and even Matilda is OK when she goes outside to visit. 

The grandsons came today and when they came in Cody said there is some kind of animal in the road down around the curve (Teresa's house) so I asked him what it was and he said he didn't know, something hairy.  A llama, a goat, a sheep, what exactly? Cody and Dillon didn't have a clue!  Took off to get what ever it was off the road and it was a very talented Highlander calf.  Darted right back through the fence when she saw my Rodeo.  They all recognize it and know that belongs there too.  Had a steel rope cable in the car and wrapped it around the fence to maybe keep them in till fence can be fixed.  Lucy the llama came up and wanted a neck rub, she is so funny, if she doesn't like you, watch out you are going to get spit on but fortunately, she likes me!  At least she likes neck rubs.  Talked to Teresa tonight and she is going to call me in the morning to help her with the fence if she needs it, probably just will need new clips on the wire.  Oh well, if she needs me she will call.  I have been busy getting some new halters finished so that I can get them in the mail for Fae.  She ordered  them for her 13" poodle and one for her daughter's dachshund, size unknown!  Made the one for the dachshund about the size that would fit Carey's.  Hope it works.  They are ready to go in the mail on Tuesday along with the quilt blocks.  Thanks to Angie, got lots of the sewing I needed to do finished.  Got to work up some more halters for Marcie just got to do some for Valentine's Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment