Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Heard from John today finally, he is working so can't come to see my right now, I really wish he could come, I need some kind of support system, oh well, guess I am just going to have to deal with it.  Today was one of those prime examples of the stuff I am dealing with, Max didn't lock the gate to the horse pasture when they put out hay yesterday.  Just hung the chain over the gate and the mares got to meadling with it and pushed it open.  He was so sure someone had opened it he was sure he had locked it.  Got the girls back in and he said he had it locked but when I went over and checked it he had done the same thing again, just attached the 2 ends of the chain to each other but not around the gate. 
Got ham and chicken breasts out to fix for tomorrow and made a pecan pie with a new recipe that I heard on Cook's Country, made with maple syrup and molasses.  Looks yummy, will fix some bourbon whipped cream to have with it.  Carey, Tony Bill and the kids came over today and I gave the kids their Christmas presents, Clayton loved his Toy Story dino flashlight.  It roars then asks if it scared you, (really cute) and he kept going into the bathroom where it was dark so he could check it out.  I had told him he could use it if he had to go to the bathroom at night so he could see where he was going.  Carey told me that Kinzie had put up her glow in the dark stars I gave her since she is scared of the dark, they keep her safe!  Kinzie is getting a camera from Santa so I gave her a scrapbook kit and she seemed to really like it, I told her it was something she and her mommy could do together.  That and I found the slippers I had bought for her last year that were on the end of the year sale for a buck or so.  Had bought them a size too big so she would have them for this winter.  She really likes wearing them when  she stayed with us after school, she would always pull off her shoes when she came home and get her slippers and put them on.  I really hope we can swing getting the house across the street from them.  I really miss the little ones but with Max's mood swings I couldn't take the chance of having them here all the time..

No comments:

Post a Comment